The Garcia's

Family Life at The Garcia's

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Been a long time!

So I lost my camera and I feel as if it's very boring to read with out pictures. So that's my excuse as to why I haven't blogged.
Anyways Thanksgiving was so very stressful as usual. We left on Wednesday to go to Kansas City and Ben had to work so he had to come back home on Thursday so, I had the kids by myself. Which isn't really anything different then at home but we weren't at home! So of course my parents we there but they stayed somewhere else mostly and even if they were around the boys are my responsibility so I don't like to put them off on other people. So it was very long weekend. They were into everything!
Saturday we decided to go horseback riding at my aunts. Damien got to ride his very first horse and was super excited about it! Then it was my turn... granted I've been around a lot of horse and riden many... I wasn't used to this horses gate (his walk) which is the Fox Trot and very freaking fast. So then Dominic started to cry and spooked the flippin horse and he took off and I'm not just talking about he started trotting, I'm talking full flat run!!! Which of course I wasn't prepared for, so as Cody (the Horse) is getting closer to the fence which is right next to the big ditch I'm trying to decide, take the chance on the ditch and him not rolling on me, running in to the fence and getting thrown over or getting the darned horse stopped! So... I stood up and pulled back on the reigns (which I just gotten figured out cause my aunt rides cris cross and I'm used to straight) as hard as I possible could and got him stopped. WHEW! So I tried to calm him down, petting him, talking to him calmly and got him to walk back to where my aunt was. She said, "You should be in a rodeo or something, I'm surprised you didn't fall off!" I replied with, "That isn't the first time I've been on horse who decided to take off with me on them!" Which is true, but I was scared to death! So then I rode over to the pasture where she asked me to ride hime along the fence line. Well I saw my dad at the gate trying to get in but everybody was outside so they didn't know he was there to open the gate. So I rode down to him to give him the code. Well... there is a hill going back up towards the house, my aunt failed to tell me that this horse runs up hills! So here we go again! Flat full out run! As we top the hill my foot comes out of the stirup, crap I think now I know I'm gonna fall off! So I lean over as he starts to slow down a little, grab the stirup and put my foot back in. WHEW! I get him stopped again and I get off! That was fun but from now on I think I'll stick to my quater horses! The next day I felt like I'd been in a car accident, my neck hurt from the whip lash that I got when he took off the first time and my knee I think I had twisted it when it came out of the stirup. But all in all I had a blast! And it's a great story to tell!
So then Sunday we went to Harmony Vineyard in KC and Sarah and I left to come home straight after. We were both extreamly tired from the long weekend with the kids (Although Darryl did go up but he left Saturday morning) Speaking of Darryl he was a brave soul wearing a Denver Broncos shirt on Thanksgiving to my Dads family reunion!! You know how my dad is about the chiefs now just picture about 30 more people who feel the same way and then there's Darryl with a Broncos shirt on!
So... That was my exciting trip to Kansas City! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home